FAQ - General
How do I login to the site?
- You can only login if you have registered for a Membership account, i.e you are a full member or website registered member of the Family History Society of Cheshire.
- Click on the Login button above. You will be prompted for a Username and Password.
- Username = This can be either your email address, your membership number or a username you set up when you set up your account
- Password = This is the Password that you setup for your Membership account
- If you don't already have an acount, you can also use the login button to register as a website user only, by clicking on the REGISTER BUTTON. You may choose to become a fully paid up member later
- Alternatively you can click on Membership and read Membership Options, then Click on Website User to register.
- Underneath the login form there are options you can use if: you can’t remember your login details, or if you haven’t got an account.
If you are already a member and have never used this new site yet, the first time you use the website you will have to set up your password. It wasn't possible to transfer passwords from our old website. See the separate FAQ about resetting passwords.
After you have successfully logged in you can go to My Membership/My Profile to see the information we have stored about your membership. You can change details as you wish by clicking on Edit Profile.
We enforce some simple rules to ensure your passwords are complex enough to make them harder to crack.
A password must:
- be at least 8 characters long
- contain at least one number
- contain at least one upper case character
- contain at least one symbol
This is important to make sure our information remains safe and secure - we take security very seriously.
If you are having trouble logging in then its usually because you need to reset your password.
Click on Forgot Your password?.
- On the next screen enter your email address and then click on submit.
- Now look for an email from us.
- If you cant find it then check in your junk/spam folder.
- If you dont receive it then please contact the Web Administrator via Contact Us as it usually means we dont have your latest email address.
- If you do get the email then click on the link which will take you back directly to our website to reset your password.
- Please make this a strong password: at least 8 characters long with a combination of upper and lower case letters, numbers and symbols
If you are logged in then the 'My Membership' menu includes the information stored about you membership of our Society, you can change anything here such as password, username, email address etc. Click on My Membership > Member Admin > My Profile then Edit Profile to change any of this information. This is your own personal space on our website and will keep a record of you activities as a reminder.
Send an email to our webmaster via Contact Us. We can then give you access to a screen reader. This will appear as a small minimised widget in the bottom right-hand side of the homepage screen. Click and it will open up to give you Options to increase the size of text, alter colour contrast and even highlight blocks of text to read it to you (though this facility is a little clunky). It works well with most browsers, but if not get back to us for further suggestions.