Charlotte Starkey "Notes on Carrington - a Township and a Peat Bog"
St George's Church, Carrington. The church was built in 1757-59 for Mary, Countess of Stamford as a chapel-of-ease to serve the hamlets of Carrington and Partington. There is a very full set of information about the church and its records, available as a download from the FHSC website shop.
St George's church is one of a number of historic churches in north-west England which have been saved by The Churches Conservation Trust. The Trust cares for more than 340 churches in England.